And Thats Your Hashbrown Casserole Folks
This is definitely the casserole your family needs this year, minus the shattered glass. Make it happen. Christmas only comes once a year!
UPDATE! I just posted a variation of this casserole. I used sausage and peppers and onions instead of ham. ITS SO GOOD! Check it out here: Easy Sausage Breakfast Casserole
What About The Leftovers
Just like egg muffins, leftovers are perfect for busy weekday mornings.
Fridge Theyll keep in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave or the oven.
FreezerCan you freeze breakfast casserole? Yes, you sure can! This will last in the freezer up to four months. Wrap individual and store in freezer bags. Defrost in the fridge overnight and reheat in the microwave or the oven
Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole Ingredients
One great thing about breakfast casserole recipes is that they are really easy to customize to your liking. Aside from the base ingredients, you can mix and match for your favorite flavor combinations.
- Shredded cheddar cheese, or your favorite cheese or cheese blend
- Spices: paprika, dried sage, salt, and pepper
Dried sage is optional, but I like the flavor it adds. If your breakfast sausage already contains sage in the mixture you can skip it, if you prefer.
Want to add some heat? Toss in a can of chopped chile peppers or fresh diced jalapeño. Or simply serve with hot sauce on the side.
Because were using potatoes instead of bread, this recipe is naturally gluten free. However, be sure to check the labels on your meats and hash browns just in case!
Read Also: South Haven Michigan Bed And Breakfast
Try This Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipe Today
If you love breakfast and casseroles, then this is the recipe for you! Its loaded with all your favorites, and its ridiculously easy to make. Whether you make it in the morning, for brunch, or the night before and then bake it the next day, this is one casserole thats as easy as it is delicious. Once you give this one a try, itll be in your breakfast rotation forever. Itll have to be if you want to avoid complaints!
Breakfast Casserole With Hash Browns
This casserole with hash browns is my favorite breakfast recipe. I have used it for Christmas breakfast and have even brought it into work for a special treat. Family and co-workers love it and ask me for the recipe. Even though it has to set overnight, it is well worth the prep and wait!
1 ½tablespoonsground black pepper
9cupsfrozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
3cupsshredded Cheddar cheese
6green onions, chopped
1red bell pepper, diced
1green bell pepper, diced
You May Like: Bed And Breakfast San Antonio
Recipe Notes And Helpful Tips
- Frozen hash browns take about 1 hour to thaw so plan accordingly.
- You can use shredded or diced hash browns. I think the shredded work just a little bit better because the cheese and eggs seem to melt down between the layers of the shredded potatoes.
- Any colored pepper will work for this recipe red, orange, yellow, or green. I just prefer the red because of the sweetness it lends to the dish.
- Use pork, chicken, or turkey sausage as longs as it breaks up and browns.
- Try adding diced smoked ham or chopped crispy bacon.
- Experiment with different cheeses like Colby Jack, Monterey Jack, Gouda, Muenster, Provolone, Mozzarella, or Pepper Jack.
- Let the casserole cool for a few minutes before slicing.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave at a reduced power.
More Breakfast Recipes You Will Love
A super easy make ahead and freezer friendly Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole that is totally customizable to suit your taste with different breakfast meats like sausage, bacon, or ham, different vegetables, and a variety of cheeses.
- Total Time:1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield:12 servings
- 30 ounces shredded hash brown potatoes thawed
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded cheddar
- 3 green onions thin sliced
Don’t Miss: Where To Watch Breakfast At Tiffanys
Tips For Making Hash Brown Crust Breakfast Casserole
You can use frozen or freshly shredded hash browns but the key is to remove as much moisture from the potatoes as you can. Once they are thawed, press them between paper towels to get rid of any excess water. After you place them in your pie dish, I recommend using the back of a measuring cup to push down the hash browns so that they are nice and flat.
I use this pre-diced ham but you can substitute:
You can also experiment with any vegetables that you enjoy. That is the great thing about this recipe, it is very customizable.
You are going to love this recipe. Its the perfect thing to make if you have friends over and want something a little more substantial than muffins. This is also a recipe I make over the holidays. It is just as easy to make 2 and then you can freeze one of them once it is baked.
Expert Tips And Tricks
- Switch the flavors. Try different spice blends such as tacoseasoning or blackened cajun seasoning.
- Make it spicy. Select a hot sausage for a good kick.
- Cover then remove. Place aluminum foil over the casserole while baking so the cheese doesnt burn.
- Prep ahead. Assemble the casserole the night before so all you have to do in the morning is bake.
Don’t Miss: Bed And Breakfast Western Massachusetts
How To Make It Ahead
Prepare the casserole up to a day in advance but do not bake. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and place on a flat level surface in the refrigerator. Remove the casserole from the fridge 40 minute prior to baking to come to room temperature. Then remove the plastic wrap and bake according to recipe instructions. The sausage vegetable mixture can be prepared up to 2 days in advance, cooled, and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
What To Serve With Hash Brown Casserole
This hash brown breakfast casserole would be such a great brunch addition! Here are some foods that would pair well with this dish:
- Whipped Coffee or Pumpkin Spice Latte coffee is a must for brunch!
- Mimosas or Bellinis if youre looking to make this a boozy brunch, these are my two go-to drinks!
Don’t Miss: Bed And Breakfast Andalusia Al
How To Make Sausage Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
Lightly butter or grease 9×13 baking dish. Preheat oven to 375.
Brown sausage in skillet, over medium heat, breaking into small pieces.
Whisk eggs, cream and spices together.
Layer ingredients in a casserole dish.
Thawed hash browns first, cooked sausage, layer of cheese and egg mixture dumped on top.
Cover casserole with foil.
Bake at 375 for 40 minutes.
Remove foil and bake for another 20 minutes or until center is set.
Easy Overnight French Toast Casserole
December 2, 2019 | By Kristen Chidsey | | *This post may include amazon links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Overnight French Toast Casserole delivers the classic flavor of French Toast without the work! Prep this casserole the night before and bake it in the morning, for a rich, sweet, hands-off breakfast that everyone will rave about!
With flavors of classic french toast, this casserole is the EASY way to prepare french toast and is perfect for a crowd! I recommend pairing it with Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole and a Christmas Fruit Salad for the perfect holiday brunch.
Overnight French Toast Casserole, is one of my staple recipes for entertaining guests for breakfast or brunch.
Not only because this French Toast Bake is absolutely delicious, but also because it is so easy to make. In fact, it is almost embarrassing how easy it is! But we all need easy recipes, especially when we are preparing food for a crowd or a holiday breakfast.
This recipe for Overnight French Toast Casserole only takes 15 minutes of hands-on prep and because it is made the night before, it is as simple as popping the casserole into the oven in the morning, and breakfast is done! Talk about easy!
Only crumbs remain EVERY SINGLE TIME I serve it and people beg me for the recipethat is how you know it is a winner!
Read Also: Hudson Manor Bed And Breakfast
Can I Freeze Breakfast Casserole
Yes. If you plan on doing this it easier to bake it first in a disposable aluminum baking pan. Make sure its cooled after baking it and wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and foil. Baked casserole may be stored in the freezer, up to 2 months. Thaw in refrigerator overnight and bake at 350ºF for about 20 minutes or until fully heated through.
To Bake Or Make Ahead
Cook it now or refrigerate overnight At this point you can either bake the casserole and serve or you can cover and refrigerate overnight and bake in the morning.
Bake NowSimply pour the egg mixture overtop and bake. Unlike a strata or french toast type recipe, you do not need to wait as there is no bread to soak up the mixture. So just make and bake.
Bake Later Cover the mixture tightly and refrigerate up to 48 hours. Remove from the fridge at least 30 minutes before baking .
Read Also: Bed And Breakfast Washington State
Can I Use Fresh Hash Browns Instead Of Frozen
Yep, you sure can. Peel and shred your potatoes using a food processor here is going to be easiest. Once you have about 30 ounces, follow the recipe as indicated! You might need to increase the time on baking the buttered potatoes You will know they are done when the tops are turning golden and they are fork tender.
Hash Brown Crust Breakfast Casserole
Published: by heather · This post may contain affiliate links
Hash Brown Crust Breakfast Casserole -Wow your breakfast crowd with this hash brown crust breakfast casserole. Filled with ham, cheese, eggs and a hash brown crust.
When we were living in Connecticut, my girlfriends and I would try to get together for breakfast once a month while the kids were at school. I would always request that my friend, Kristen, make her hash brown crusted breakfast casserole. It is a mixture of cheese, egg, and ham, deliciousness. Now that we have moved, I always remember my friends and the laughs that we shared whenever I make this casserole.
Read Also: Easy Breakfast For Dinner Ideas
Why This Is The Best Breakfast Casserole
- It can be made in advance. I prepare this hashbrown breakfast casserole the night before entertaining and then simply bake in the morning. However, it can also be prepped the morning of or baked and frozen for future use. It really is adaptable to what works best for your schedule.
- Allergy-Friendly. This casserole is soy-free and nut-free. And it is easy to find gluten-free breakfast sausage and gluten-free hashbrowns, making this breakfast casserole perfect for those with gluten sensitives or allergies. Just be sure to carefully read both your sausage and hash brown labels.
- Feeds a crowd. This breakfast casserole is hearty and filling and can be doubled easily to feed a crowd large or small.
- Incredibly easy to make. It seriously takes minutes to assemble this breakfast casserole. The hardest part is browning up the breakfast sausage. It truly is an effortless, delicious recipe to use when entertaining at breakfast or brunch.
- Inexpensive. There are no fancy ingredients or specialty items in this breakfast bake, making it very affordable.
- Adaptable: While the hashbrowns, sausage, and cheddar cheese are a classic combo, you can use ham or bacon instead of sausage, add in vegetables, and switch out the cheese for Swiss or Gouda.
- Crowd-Pleaser. Who cares if this is an easy and inexpensive dish if it does not taste good. But the reviews on this breakfast casserole are 5 stars. It is simply delicious.
Why I Make My Breakfast Casserole With Hash Browns
Potatoes are a healthy, whole-food addition to this breakfast casserole. Theyre also gluten-free, which makes them perfect when you have a group of family members or friends who may need that option.
While I use shredded hash browns in this recipe, you can use cubed or chopped potatoes as a substitute if needed.
Read Also: Bed And Breakfast Cambridge Md
How To Make Hash Brown Potato Casserole
Here are the basics!
I love the flavor of the baked crispy hashbrowns with the cheesy eggs and smoked ham. It is seriously the best combo! My mother-in-law Kris found a version of this recipe in a cookbook years ago and weve had it for Christmas breakfast ever since.
More Breakfast Recipes To Enjoy
Hash Brown Breakfast Cups These breakfast cups are easy to make, flavorful, and perfect for a grab and go breakfast.
Breakfast Flautas These flautas are filled with fluffy scrambled eggs, ham, bell peppers, onion, and lots of cheese. A delicious breakfast recipe that is good any time of day.
Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich A delicious breakfast sandwich made with eggs, bacon, ham, and cheese.
And, try this Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich from Great Grub, Delicious Treats. Its the best breakfast sandwich that you will ever make!
Recommended Reading: Best Places For Breakfast Nyc
Notes On Making Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole:
- Hash browns: Feel free to use a refrigerator package of hash browns or a frozen one. Just make sure its thawed completely if yours was frozen.
- Sausage: I use regular pork sausage, like Jimmy Dean, the kind that comes in a large round roll. You could also substitute turkey sausage. But it does need to be cooked and crumbled to use in this recipe, so please plan accordingly.
- Bell pepper: I like using a mix of red and green bell pepper, especially at the holidays, but you could use all one color if you prefer.
- Milk: Using whole milk, 2% or half and half adds some extra creaminess and richness to this casserole. However, skim milk or a fat-free half and half would be fine, too.
- Cheese: Shredded cheddar cheese is my go-to, but you could mix it up and use Monterey Jack cheese or a Mexican blend cheese for this casserole if youd like.
Lots of ways to make it your own and use what you have.
Also, this casserole is super easy to put together.
You mix together the hash browns, sausage, onion, peppers and part of the cheese right in the casserole dish.
Then you whisk together the eggs, milk and seasonings and pour that over the casserole.
Top it with the remaining cheese and its ready to bake!
Or, as mentioned, you can prepare it in advance if needed. That can be a big help around the holidays or if you have guests coming into town.
Heres what to do.
How To Make French Toast Casserole
French Toast Casserole is best when given time for the bread to soak up the delicious custard, hence why overnight preparation is best. If you skip the step of letting your bread sit in the custard overnight, the casserole will not be as fluffy. Plus, if you are like me, mornings are always hectic or I am not at my sharpest until that cup of coffee hits–so preparing the night before not only makes this casserole easier to make, it makes it turn out better!
Recommended Reading: Battlefield Bed And Breakfast Gettysburg
Easy Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
This post may contain affiliate links
Nothing satisfies like this Easy Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole! It’s loaded with eggs, ham, cheese, and of course, shredded potatoes, all seasoned perfectly and baked to savory, comforting perfection. This makes a fantastic Christmas morning or weekend breakfast and can even be made ahead so there is less prep in the morning.
We love celebrating Christmas or Easter morning with something sweet like Cinnamon Rolls or Star Bread, and a savory option, like this one. Some of our other favorites are my Green Chili Egg Casserole or Biscuits and Gravy Casserole.
I love, love, love a good savory breakfast casserole. A group of moms in my area used to do a back-to-school brunch where everybody would drop off their kids on the first day then meet up and enjoy a relaxed brunch, potluck style, and sampling all of the breakfast casseroles was my favorite part.
The ones made with hashbrowns were always the best! It’s so satisfying to slice into a casserole that is fully loaded with all sorts of delicious meat and cheese and potatoes. It’s so hearty and filling, and it’s become one of our favorite things to do breakfast casseroles for holidays, even though that’s not something I grew up with.
I love being able to prep this easy breakfast casserole with ham and hashbrowns the night before while the kids are still settling down. Then the kitchen is all clean and tidy before I go to sleep and all I have to do in the morning is preheat the oven and bake!
Whats In A Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
This easy egg casserole has a few different layers:
- Hash browns: I used about half of a 30 ounce package of frozen hash browns.
- Sausage you can use bulk sausage or remove the casings from breakfast links. You can even substitute bacon.
- Eggs 6 large Egglands Best Eggs went into this casserole.
- Cheese I used 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese that I shredded myself.
- Spices A teaspoon onion powder along with garlic, salt, pepper and dried mustard add tons of flavor.
Read Also: Is Wendy’s Breakfast All Day