What Is Healthy To Eat For Breakfast On The Go
Theres 2 sides to this coin – not only do we want healthy breakfast foods here, but we want food that can be made ahead of time and food that is of course transportable. So first of all, whats healthy? This is the first meal of the day and the meal that will break our overnight fast and so its important that it provides the right kind of nutrients to replenish our stores, boost our energy and awaken our cognitive function. That said, all of this doesn’t have to occur first thing in morning and plenty of new evidence is now suggesting that overnight fasting may be helpful for health and weight control.
So, this is all good news for those of us that get up at 6am and don’t feel hungry until a good 3 to 4 hours later. But when I do get those hunger pangs, what should I be reaching for? As with most healthy food advice, a healthy breakfast should be made up of:
Breakfasts With Whole Grains And Seeds
- Healthy and Delicious Overnight Oats Overnight oats are so easy to make for the week. You can reheat them in the morning or eat them cold like a pudding straight from the fridge. This post walks you through the basics of how to make overnight oats and has some of my favorite topping ideas to keep things interesting.
- Blueberry Almond Millet Porridge If oatmeal isnt your jam, give another whole grain a try! Millet is one of my favorites, and it makes such a tasty porridge, especially when paired with fresh berries and nuts.
- Chia Seed Pudding with Maple Strawberries Chia seeds have a thick coating on them that gets thick and pudding-like when liquid is added.
- Chewy Earl Grey Granola Bars Granola bars are such a classic grab and go breakfast or snack. These homemade bars are flavored with earl grey tea, lemon, and white chocolate chips for an elegant flavor profile.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats Another take on the overnight oats I mentioned above, this recipe is inspired by pumpkin spice lattes.
- Mango Sticky Farro Farro is another great grain option if youre looking for something off the beaten track. It has a nutty, chewy texture that youll love!
- Autumn Harvest Breakfast Cookies Breakfast cookies are similar to granola bars and are so convenient for grab and go and kids love them since theyre so fun! This recipe is full of texture and flavor from grated carrot, raisins, pumpkin seeds, and coconut.
Triple Berry Overnight Oats
I think we all know that oats are good for us, right? Theyre nutritious, high in antioxidants, full of fiber, and can even help to lower your cholesterol.
And for those hot summer mornings when a big bowl of hot oatmeal just seems like too much, you cant go wrong with a jar of light, fruit, overnight oats.
Don’t Miss: Best Fruit To Eat For Breakfast
Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
Bust out that Instant Pot and get ready to make your mornings a whole lot easier with this quick and tasty recipe. Literally set it and forget it to make a batch for the entire week in less time than it takes for a morning shower. Pile on the toppings for a family-friendly breakfast everyone can enjoy.
How To Reheat The Breakfast Egg Cups
To reheat the egg cups, I simply place them on a plate and microwave for about 30-45 seconds on HIGH , or for 1 minute until they are warmed through.
- Place broccoli, peppers, and feta cheese into muffin cups that have been coated with cooking spray.
- In a measuring cup, beat eggs until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the beaten eggs into each muffin cup until the egg mixture reaches three-quarters of the way to the top
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the egg muffin cups are set. Let cool for a few minutes, and then remove them from the pan and enjoy immediately, or let cool completely and refrigerate or freeze for later.
You May Like: What’s The Healthiest Breakfast
How To Make Healthy Breakfast Eggs Cups
1. Start by chopping some veggies. Make sure there are no big chunks as the eggs would not hold them together well.
2. Divide the veggies into greased muffin tins. I like to use these silicone muffin pan for easy removal.
3. Whisk the eggs together in a large measuring cup and season with salt and pepper to taste. I like to do this in a measuring cup or mixing bowl with spout like this one, to make it easy to pour the mixture into the muffin tins later later on.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the muffin tins and bake until the eggs are set or if an inserted toothpick comes out clean. The egg cups will puff up slightly while they are in the oven but they will deflate once they cool.
Start The Day With A Powerful And Healthy Breakfast
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but its easy to get stuck in a breakfast rut. Sometimes you just need a few ideas to get the wheels turning.
Here are more than 33 tasty and filling breakfast recipes for you to browse.
We are sharing easy breakfast recipes in6 categories:
- Quick and Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Breakfast Sandwiches,
- Breakfast Breads
- Grab-and-Go Breakfasts
Each recipe here is a tried and true family favorite your family will love. In addition, weve included a recipe for our hearty Breakfast Quesadillas.
Recommended Reading: Does Taco Bell Do Breakfast All Day
One Bowl Baked Banana Cashew Oatmeal
Why We Love It: This baked oatmeal has seriously got it going on. Its packed with yummy ingredients like cashews, ground flax seed, peanut butter, and cinnamon and is just as delicious straight out of the oven as it is reheated with a little milk.
Hero Ingredient: Those bananas on top caramelize as the oatmeal bakes to make the perfect preview for all the goodness underneath.
Dont Let A Lack Of Time Be The Reason You Skip Breakfast
For most of us, life is crazy busy. Mornings can be a mad rush, and breakfast may be the last thing on the priority list. However, you dont want to skip breakfast each morning only to feel irritable with low blood sugar by the time 10 AM comes around.
Make a few tweaks by prepping some breakfast options the night before. It will be a total game-changer to be able to just grab and go as you head out the door to work.
Want more healthy breakfast recipes? Sign up for FitOn PRO and get access to exclusive recipes and meal plans that will help you reach your fitness goals faster without counting calories and with foods youll love to eat.
Healthy On The Go Breakfast Smoothies
Smoothies are not only healthy and easy to make but with the right bottle, can be something anyone in your family can bring with them on a busy morning. You can even prepare some of the ingredients the night before, such as chopping up and freezing fruit and putting them in serving-size baggies.
In the morning, all you have to do is grab those baggies and add them to the blender with milk and yogurt, and you have yourself a healthy smoothie.
Try these grab and go breakfast smoothies:
29 Healthy Apple Pie Chia Seed Pudding Desserts with Benefits
Oven Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
Having potatoes for breakfast is something I dont often have time for. They take time to bake, whereas a pan of eggs can be ready in minutes.
But making up a big batch, storing them in the fridge, and frying them off when needed is such a clever way to incorporate an extra filling element into your morning.
Dont we all just want cookies for breakfast? With this recipe, you can have them guilt-free.
Between the oats, bananas, raisins, and walnuts, theyre essentially baked oatmeal bites chocolate chips optional
I dont know how we havent thought of this sooner! We eat pancakes in a stack, so why not as a traybake?
This is a brilliant way to serve a crowd without spending hours at the stove!
Don’t Miss: Breakfast Casserole With Eggs And Sausage
These Breakfast Ideas Will Help You:
- Save time in the morning
- Save money since you’re not stopping at the drive-thru
- Be more organized each work week
- Reduce stress since breakfast is ready to go in the fridge
The meal prep breakfast ideas below are super easy, and you’re going to love them whether you’re a savoury or sweet person. There are options for both listed below and most of these healthy breakfast recipes can be made in advance in less than an hour.
Baked French Toast Casserole
I make a version of this at least once every couple of weeks.
I like to hoard my leftover bread until I have enough and then make this casserole ready for a decadent Sunday morning breakfast.
This recipe keeps it simple with bread, custard, and a spiced, sugary topping.
Its honestly pretty perfect as is, but Ill usually throw in some chocolate chips or soaked raisins if I have them. Why not?
Read Also: Bed And Breakfast Bedford Va
Blueberry Lemon Breakfast Bars From The Defined Dish
Why We Love It: Is it just me, or is blueberry and lemon a flavor combo that feels like it dates back to the beginning of time? OK, it doesnt, but the pairing is definitely a classic that you can never go wrong with. In these breakfast bars, you get to enjoy the not-too-sweet, tart, fresh flavors of blueberry and lemon in the cutest little square shape. Bring extra to the office or send some to school for a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
Hero Ingredient: Not an ingredient, but these do really well in the freezer. Make a big batch over the weekend, wrap them individually, pop them in the freezer, and youve got breakfast on the go for a week or two.
Tips For Breakfast Meal Prep
Also Check: Things To Have For Breakfast
Meal Prep Breakfast Sandwiches From Pinch Of Yum
Why We Love It: Just because you have to grab and go doesnt mean you cant have it all. A BEC breakfast sandwich wrapped up in an English muffin is definitely delicious on its own, but you can kick it up a notch with a little smashed avocado and sriracha if you have time in the morning. If not, a little reheating in the microwave or oven is all that stands between you and a warm, satisfying breakfast on the go.
Hero Ingredient: The spinach woven throughout those eggs makes it feel a little healthier. But dont worry, the taste remains 100 percent indulgent.
Homemade Grab And Go Granola
Finally, donât forget about granola! This is a healthy snack or breakfast to make for your family and is easy for them to bring along on busy mornings.
You can make the granola with your choice of nuts, grains, dried fruit, and other ingredients, then put it in individual baggies. In the morning, they can grab a bag of granola to munch on or add it to some yogurt.
Here are a few healthy breakfast grab and go granola recipes:
40 No Bake Apple Pie Granola Bars A Mind Full Mom
Don’t Miss: Bed And Breakfast Gift Card
Baked Tomato And Egg Cups
Make these protein-packed tomato cups the night before, then heat and eat the next morning. Melanie cooks these until the yolks are warm but not set, though so if you plan on packing them to go, leave them in the oven a little longer so that the yolk is set to avoid dripping. Recipe here.
Breakfast Sandwiches And Toast
Breakfast sandwiches may be one of the best breakfast ideas out there! They are hearty and easy to eat, especially for kids.
There are so many delicious toppings to choose from, and as a result, the possibilities are endless. All of your favorite breakfast foods can be piled onto an English muffin, whole wheat toast, croissants, or baked in a pastry shell.
Breakfast sandwiches can be eaten alone, however adding some fruit on the side instantly creates a nice, sit-down morning meal or brunch.
Read Also: Breakfast Meal Prep For Weight Loss
Healthy Breakfast Ideas To Make At Home
It seems like what should I make for breakfast? is always the question of the day. Especially when were trying to eat healthier, better for us foods that wont break the budget. But too often with the back-to-school rush of packing lunches, figuring out dinner plans, choosing healthy snacks, etc., breakfast can get left behind in the shuffle.
I know what youre thinking. But Im busy, I barely have enough time to put myself together in the mornings, let alone build a well-balanced breakfast. But you can. Making a healthy breakfast at home doesnt take much more time than hitting the bagel shop or McDs drive thru. With a little planning and an arsenal of no-fuss, healthy go-to recipes, you can assemble a decent breakfast in the A.M., or make it ahed of time to grab and go, and still get to work on time. I promise.
Check out the following 60 breakfast recipe ideas and see for yourself. Before you know it, your morning game will be stronger than ever.
Healthy Breakfast Meal Prep Ideas For Busy Mornings
This article may contain links from our partners. We may receive a small commission if you make a purchase through a link. Please read our disclosure and how we make money.
These easy and healthy breakfast meal prep ideas are perfect for busy mornings. Each recipe comes together in around 30 minutes or less and will help you to start your day filled with energy. Ready to start your day the right way?
Breakfast is one of my favorite meals of the day.
As soon as my eyes open in bed, I start thinking about what delicious meal I will have.
But it wasnt always like that.
For years I used to rush out of the house, eating a sad bowl of cereals in front of my desk.
But when I started planning my meals, eating a healthy and balanced breakfast became one of my priorities.
Plus, meal prepping your breakfast ahead of time doesnt have to be complicated, and I promise you, it wont require tons of time.
Every recipe below will take you around 30 minutes or less to put together and help you have something yummy to eat in the morning every day.
You May Like: Breakfast Menu At Hardee’s
Bread And Pastry Recipes
- Maple Oat Pecan Scones Scones are seriously underrated, if you ask me. I love their subtle sweetness and tender-crisp texture. They go so well with my morning coffee!
- Strawberry Amaretto Coffee Cake Coffee cake is always a crowd favorite, especially when it has delicious flavors like strawberry and amaretto baked into it. Youll LOVE the sweet crumble topping.
- Whole Wheat Crumpets with Strawberry-Balsamic Jam Dress up some homemade crumpets with a delightfully complex homemade jam.
- Earl Grey Banana Bread Quick breads, like banana bread are always easy to grab on the go. This version gets extra flavor from earl grey tea one of my favorites!
Ways To Customize Your Own Breakfast Egg Muffin Cups
- These egg cups are an amazing way to use up the leftover veggies in your fridge. Almost all fresh vegetables turn out well.
- Some vegetables such as fresh tomatoes and mushroom may release a bit of liquid during cooking, so you can give them a quick saute before adding to the egg mixture.
- Got some leftover steamed or roasted vegetables? It will work great in these egg cups!
Don’t Miss: Does Wendys Serve Breakfast All Day
No Need To Skip Breakfast
No matter how busy you are there is no need to skip breakfast. Using the recipes in this post you can eat a healthy breakfast on the go every day. Adding a little meal planning into your life can allow you to prep your breakfast ahead of time giving you the ability to just grab and go.
Leave a comment and share your grab and go breakfast ideas.
Donât forget to Like, Share, Tweet, and Pin this post.