Grocery Store Finds For Grab
Do you need the absolute easiest solution for the morning rush? The lack of something totally easy is why so many of us end up drinking a coffee and calling it breakfast or eating the free donuts in the office kitchen .
But you can do better than that! Weve rounded up 10 grab-and-go breakfasts from the grocery store that will make your mornings great or at least make you less hangry during your 10 a.m. meeting.
Do you have a favorite grab-and-go breakfast that saves your bacon on those extra-busy mornings?
Breakfast Sandwiches And Toast
Breakfast sandwiches may be one of the best breakfast ideas out there! They are hearty and easy to eat, especially for kids.
There are so many delicious toppings to choose from, and as a result, the possibilities are endless. All of your favorite breakfast foods can be piled onto an English muffin, whole wheat toast, croissants, or baked in a pastry shell.
Breakfast sandwiches can be eaten alone, however adding some fruit on the side instantly creates a nice, sit-down morning meal or brunch.
Make A Weekly Grocery List Of Breakfast Staples
- For quick accessibility, save your list to the MyNetDiary shopping list.
- Planning your grocery shopping to include a variety of food groups will help you consume a wider selection of nutrients. That way, your body and mind stay focused throughout your day.
- Choose foods from at least two food groups, preferably three, to help you eat a balanced quick breakfast on the go.
Grab-and-Go Grocery List for easy breakfast meal planning
Meat and meat alternatives-good sources of protein and iron
- Roll of deli meat, low-fat turkey, chicken, beef, or ham
- Hard-boiled egg
- Pre-packaged nut butter or portion two tablespoons of your own in tiny containers for a more economical option
Dairy or calcium-rich foods-good sources of calcium and vitamin D
- Pre-packaged string cheese
- Pre-cut slices of your favorite cheese
- Greek yogurt or low-fat yogurt
- Shelf-stable milk in individual containers
- Pre-packaged or homemade smoothie, made with low-fat milk, yogurt, and fruit
Fruit-good sources of vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants
- Watermelon-cut up the night before and put in a small container so you just “grab and go” in the morning. Cantaloupe, honeydew, and pineapple are other great fruits to prep ahead.
- Berries-strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries tend to spoil quickly, so remember to eat those soon after purchasing.
- Bananas-are a healthy portable fruit and a good source of potassium.
Vegetables-good sources of vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants
Read Also: Healthiest Breakfast At Mcdonald’s
Make Breakfast Part Of Your Day
As hectic as mornings can be, breakfasts often get pushed aside. Getting in the habit of eating breakfast everyday can be challenging. Knowing the benefits of breakfast may provide the incentive to give it a try. A grab & go breakfast saves on time and sets you and your family members up for a fantastic day. Some tips include:
- Prep the food: On Sunday, make a few different items you can have portioned out and ready to go for the week so you dont have to rush to do it in the morning. Have your kids help make it so they are more excited to eat it during the week.
- Try to plan foods from 2 3 food groups.Such as a fruit and carbohydrate, or dairy and protein.
- Think of items which can be eaten on the go. If you are driving the kids to school choose items which will not create a mess in the car.
- Package convenience foods can be purchased, but they often cost more. You can create your own packaged foods from home picking up a drive by parfait yogurt will cost about two times as much as one you assemble at home plus the cost in time and transportation if out of your way.
- Vary your breakfast, routines can get dull.
Instant Pot Egg Bites
If you have Instant Pot, theres no excuse not to make a grab and go low carb breakfast! These egg bites done in the Instant Pot are a prime example for meal prep.
They come out light and fluffy and simple melt in your mouth. Made with cottage cheese, cheddar, red bell pepper, and spinach, it takes only 25 minutes from start to finish to make them. These prove that healthy and low carb can be absolutely delicious! Find the recipe below.
You May Like: Newport Ri Bed And Breakfast Inns
Who Needs Cheap Breakfast Ideas To Go
Anyone who wants to maximize their mornings can benefit from a to-go breakfast. Whether you want something to eat in the car, on a train or the school bus , cheap and frugal breakfast ideas are a bonus.
As a starving college kid, finding a cheap student breakfast I could eat while running out the door to class was something that interested me.
I was not good at getting out of bed and being at the cafeteria on time when I was 18.
These breakfast on the go ideas are excellent for someone who doesnt care to eat first thing in the morning. Bringing these to work in an insulated bag to have them later will cut the spending you might otherwise do.
Best to start your day with a good meal.
Im not a fan of cooking. My family says Im good at it, but honestly, I would prefer to not do it. These cheap and healthy breakfast recipe options can be great for anyone.
Its an inner struggle because Im also very frugal. So Im almost forced to cook theres no way Im spending all that money on convenience foods or worse: restaurants and take-out!
Chobani Strawberry Banana Greek Yogurt Blended Smoothie
We all know strawberry banana smoothies are everyone’s go-to. But save yourself from cleaning the blender and just pick up this bottle from Chobani. It’ll nourish you with 10 grams of protein and 15% of your daily value of calcium. Not a fan of strawberry banana? Choose from any of these Best Bottled Smoothies You Can Buyand the Worst.
Recommended Reading: Low Carb Low Fat Breakfast Ideas
Organize Your Tools For Breakfast Success
Don’t let good intentions for quick breakfasts on the go get stifled by a lack of an organized kitchen.
- Buy reusable breakfast bags/boxes. Purchase at least two-one to take to work and one to have on hand at home as a backup.
- Organize your food storage containers. Check that each container has its own matching lid. Arrange using two organizers or boxes: one for lids and one for plastic containers so that they are easy to grab on a hectic morning.
Meal Prep Breakfast Sandwiches From Pinch Of Yum
Why We Love It: Just because you have to grab and go doesnt mean you cant have it all. A BEC breakfast sandwich wrapped up in an English muffin is definitely delicious on its own, but you can kick it up a notch with a little smashed avocado and sriracha if you have time in the morning. If not, a little reheating in the microwave or oven is all that stands between you and a warm, satisfying breakfast on the go.
Hero Ingredient: The spinach woven throughout those eggs makes it feel a little healthier. But dont worry, the taste remains 100 percent indulgent.
Also Check: Hudson Valley Rose Bed And Breakfast
What To Look For In A Healthy Grab
To be worthy of a spot on this best-of list, each recipe:
- Features a source of lean protein and healthy fat
- Includes some whole-grain, high-fiber carbs
- Is low in saturated fat, added sugar, and sodium
- Has enough calories and protein to keep you full until lunch
Bonus points go to those that feature one or more bright, natural color, such as a vibrant blue or red from berries or bright green via spinach.
“And if you need a caffeine kick in the morning, aim for options that have no added sugar,” Stewart suggests.
Grab And Go Breakfast Ideas
March 3, 2017 by Antonet Roajer
Breakfast is an important meal of the day. It is difficult to have breakfast before stepping out of the home to work in the busy mornings, especially for the working moms. These 10 recipes are an excellent grab and go breakfast ideas that you can prepare on the weekends or whenever you have free time and store for the upcoming weekdays. Kids would also love these recipes.
You May Like: Cooking Breakfast Sausage In The Oven
Peanut Butter Strawberry & Banana Quesadillas
This fun quesadilla is the perfect breakfast for when youre craving something sweet, but dont want to settle for sugary cereals or pastries its full of healthy fruits and protein-packed peanut butter! Plus, you can choose whether or not to use all-natural peanut butter or healthier tortillas for a healthier breakfast! See the full recipe over on Ambitious Kitchen!
One Bowl Baked Banana Cashew Oatmeal
Why We Love It: This baked oatmeal has seriously got it going on. Its packed with yummy ingredients like cashews, ground flax seed, peanut butter, and cinnamon and is just as delicious straight out of the oven as it is reheated with a little milk.
Hero Ingredient: Those bananas on top caramelize as the oatmeal bakes to make the perfect preview for all the goodness underneath.
Recommended Reading: Best Bed And Breakfast In Ohio
Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
Bust out that Instant Pot and get ready to make your mornings a whole lot easier with this quick and tasty recipe. Literally set it and forget it to make a batch for the entire week in less time than it takes for a morning shower. Pile on the toppings for a family-friendly breakfast everyone can enjoy.
Chobani Flip Cookie Dough Greek Yogurt
Greek yogurt is the perfect solution when you want something sweet that also packs protein . While you could go for a plain yogurt like strawberry or peach, each Chobani Flip has mix-ins that make it a true morning treat. Flip in the cookie dough pieces, cookie rice crisps and milk chocolate chips, stir, and youre out the door. While this breakfast has more sugar than other healthy breakfast-to-go options, just save the sugary coffee for another day and youll still be able to say you had a healthy breakfast. .
Don’t Miss: When Does Mcdonalds Serve Breakfast
How To Make Them
Oikos Blended Greek Nonfat Yogurt
Picky eaters will love Oikos new blended formula. The creamy texture makes the 50% more added fruit super sneaky and is anything but sour. Enjoy in six flavors that include Blueberry, Strawberry, Peach, Cherry,Vanilla Bean & AnythingButPlain, found at your fave local retailers like Target for about $3.79 per four-pack.
Read Also: How Long Does Cracker Barrel Serve Breakfast
Four Sigmatic Peanut Butter Superfood Protein
This is not your average protein powder. Four Sigmatic’s plant-based protein powder packetsperfect for on-the-go breakfasts when paired with a shaker bottleare hiding health-boosting ingredients in addition to protein: functional mushrooms. With an impressive 1,500 milligrams of adaptogenic mushrooms, your body will benefit from curbed hunger pangs, stronger muscles, and stress and inflammatory relief when you add this supplement to your morning routine.
Oats Overnight Green Apple Cinnamon
Oats Overnights spoon-free formula is soy and gluten free, non-GMO, and has zero preservatives. Each serving is packed with over 20 g protein and ingredients such as chia seeds, flax, maca powder, and real fruit. You wont have flavor fatigue, as the brand offers over 20 flavors including classics like Mixed Berries, Maple Pancakes, and Banana Bread as well as less traditional ones like Smores, Boston Cream, and Peach Upside.
Macros in 1 serving Green Apple Cinnamon:
Recommended Reading: Bed And Breakfast Hermann Missouri
Meat Lovers Breakfast Panini
We have a panini maker. If you dont, simply make this like you would a grilled cheese.
Cook up a sausage patty, some bacon, and ham. Lay down one slice of bread, add a piece of cheese, all your meat, and another slice of cheese. Then close the lid to cook your panini.
If you cook the sausage patties and bacon before, you can quickly just reheat them, saving time.
Low Carb Breakfast Burritos
All those pre-packaged breakfast burritos are loaded with carbs and preservatives. But if you make them yourself, you can grab and go with a fiesta lingering on your lips.
Made with breakfast sausage, low carb tortillas, eggs, milk, cheese, and salsa, youll have a fresh-made breakfast burrito that travels well. Feel free to top it off with fresh avocado after you microwave it before bolting out the door.
Recommended Reading: Is Mcdonald’s Serving Breakfast All Day
Low Carb Crustless Quiche
Bring brunch with you anywhere you go. By making a quiche without a crust, youve got a low carb breakfast option that satisfies.
Its brimming with ham, cheese, and broccoli. Once you make it, you can simply heat it up when youre ready to dig in. Pack it in your bento box and microwave it once you arrive at work if you run short on time. The lovely aroma will bring everyone to the break room to see what smells so good.
Some Ideas For A Grab And Go Breakfast Include
- Fruit, yogurt, and granola parfait. Grab a container of yogurt and add a piece of fruit and a handful of granola.
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Use whole wheat bread and low sugar peanut butter and jelly.
- Smoothie. Use yogurt or milk and blend with fresh or frozen fruit.
- Hot cereal. Microwave oatmeal with milk and top with a selection of raisins, nuts, dried fruit, and peanut butter.
- Cold cereal. Look for one that is made from whole grains, low in sugar, and high in fiber.
- Fresh fruit. Bananas, oranges, kiwi which have been peeled the evening before.
- Whole wheat bagel or toast topped with protein. Mix up toppings by using low-fat cream cheese, peanut butter, and hummus.
Don’t Miss: Bed And Breakfast Shreveport La
Quick And Easy Breakfast Ideas With Only 2 Ingredients
When you need to come up with something quick, these two-ingredients breakfast ideas are lifesavers! Keeping some of these ingredients on hand for those mornings that are rushed is always a good idea.
It only takes a few minutes to throw these morning meals together, yet they are still filling and will hold you over until lunchtime.
Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oats
Why We Love It: If you dont already frequently make overnight oats, I highly suggest adding them to your diet. Theyre customizable, almost impossible to mess up, and they literally make themselves. In this case, theyre also chock full of fiber, protein, and antioxidants along with flavorful goodness. Get all the flavors you love from a blueberry muffin in a heartier, healthier package to start your day off on the right foot.
Hero Ingredient: Lemon zest brings a brightness to each bite that just cant be beat.
Read Also: Bed And Breakfast In Tennessee
Over Easy Breakfast Bar Apple Cinnamon
No microwave? No problem. If you don’t have access to hot water to make yourself a cup of oats , that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy oatmeal for breakfast! For a healthy breakfast on the go, Over Easy has you covered. This Over Easy Breakfast bar is everything you love in your morning oatsalmonds, honey, dried apples, cinnamonwith a protein boost from egg whites for a satisfying option you can eat on the go.
Cheap And Easy Breakfast Ideas For Your Husband
My husband has to be at work by six. He gets up, showers, and runs out the door. He either eats on the way to work or during his morning meeting.
I would rather he have hearty breakfast meals and eat healthily rather than get a take-out donut.
Having something that he can eat hot on the way to work requires that I wake up at five to prepare. If I just dont want to do that, I have to plan and make things that he can grab and go.
This is how I have come up with the list. Most of these are things I have made for him with a few fun, new ideas.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see the disclosure statement for more information.
Also Check: Vegan Breakfast On The Go