Homemade Hash And Egg Burrito
This is the perfect breakfast when you have leftover steak or pot roast. Dice up potatoes and fry in some butter. Then add the diced or shredded beef.
Scramble some eggs in there and add the entire mixture to a burrito wrap. To toast it up a little, we like to grill the rolled-up burrito in a frying pan.
This is an excellent choice for a cheap breakfast on the go for your husband because you are using leftovers, and its easy to eat on the way to work.
Although, if he is eating this in the car on the way to work, he might need a big clothing protector.
Oatmeal Bars Recipe Variations
- Nut-free: Instead of nuts, you can use you favorite seeds such as sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, hulled hemp seeds, sesame seeds, etc. as well as tahini or sunflower butter instead of nut butter.
- Dried fruit: If you like, you can also use dried fruits like raisins, cranberries, cherries, figs, apricots, dates, plums, etc. Depending on the size, simply chop them finely with a sharp knife beforehand.
- Bananas: Instead of bananas you could use apple sauce or double the amount of coconut oil and syrup.
- Other add-ins: Feel free to add other typical granola bar ingredients like puffed quinoa, amaranth, rice pops, cornflakes or whatever you like.
Healthy Breakfast On The Go Ideas
It can be tricky to find healthy breakfast on the go ideas. All of us have mornings when we just dont have time to make a monday friday breakfast. Youve got places to be, people to see and decisions to make on whether you want toast with that or bacon. , or if you just want a snack in order to save money. Of course, its easy to get bored of eating the same things day in day out. Thankfully, we put together a list of healthy breakfast on the go ideas that will help you stay happy and healthy, as well as full and satiated!
Read Also: Welcome Inn Bed-and-breakfast
Savory Oatmeal With An Egg
Savory oatmeal? What the ?! Yes, this recipe takes oatmeal to a whole new level. Quick-cooking steel-cut oats are cooked in the microwave, mixed with white cheddar cheese, sprinkled with diced red pepper and onion, and topped with an over-easy egg.
Bonus: This recipe has useful tips for cooking in the microwave without making a mess.
Fruit Parfait With Homemade Granola
Its about that year when I like to start making homemade granola. Its also an economical option to a store-bought bowl of cereal and a healthier option, also. Heres a great recipe from Cookie and Kate that very similar to mine.
Top your favorite yogurt with granola and add some berries.
This would also be good with cottage cheese.
Also Check: Bed And Breakfast Bird In Hand Pa
Perfect Steel Cut Oats
Are you a steel cut oats fan? These chewy oats have a porridge-like texture and feel like a cozy hug in the morning. Theyre a fun way to mix up the standard Old Fashioned oats, and may have some slight benefits over them: though both are an incredibly healthy way to start the day! You can make a big pot of steel cut oats in 25 minutes and eat off of the leftovers all week!
Don’t have time in the morning to make healthy breakfasts? Make up a batch of pecan energy bars! The sweet flavor is reminiscent of pecan pie, and theyre full of superfoods like pecans and chia seeds.
Chobani Strawberry Banana Greek Yogurt Blended Smoothie
We all know strawberry banana smoothies are everyone’s go-to. But save yourself from cleaning the blender and just pick up this bottle from Chobani. It’ll nourish you with 10 grams of protein and 15% of your daily value of calcium. Not a fan of strawberry banana? Choose from any of these Best Bottled Smoothies You Can Buyand the Worst.
You May Like: Breakfast Sausage And Hashbrown Casserole
Homemade Grab And Go Granola
Finally, dont forget about granola! This is a healthy snack or breakfast to make for your family and is easy for them to bring along on busy mornings.
You can make the granola with your choice of nuts, grains, dried fruit, and other ingredients, then put it in individual baggies. In the morning, they can grab a bag of granola to munch on or add it to some yogurt.
Here are a few healthy breakfast grab and go granola recipes:
40 No Bake Apple Pie Granola Bars A Mind Full Mom
What Are The Best Fruits And Vegetables To Have For Breakfast
- Melon. When it comes to getting the most volume for the least amount of sugar, melons like cantaloupe or honeydew can be your best friend in the morning, says Tafur. She recommends freezing up chopped melon to add to your smoothies as well.
- Berries. In season, berries such as strawberries, blueberries, and cherries can be a delicious way to add natural sugar and sweetness to bowls or even on the side of a protein-packed omelet.
- Kiwi. âKiwis are such an underrated fruitâone to two can provide you with a dayâs worth of vitamin C,â says Tafur.
- Bananas. Paired with a hard-boiled egg, they can make for a perfect breakfast in a hurry.
- Papayas. Papaya contains enzymes that aid the digestive process, not to mention theyâre sweet and taste fantastic, says Tafur. Add them on top of a plant-based yogurt for a tropical twist.
You May Like: Bed And Breakfast In Tennessee
Crustless Quiche With Spinach
Looking for a savory brunch recipe to impress? Try a crustless quiche! This concept is our favorite for entertaining: its deliciously savory and hearty, with lots of protein to keep bellies full all morning. Even better: its so easy to whip up! No need to bother with a quiche crust: just whisk together the filling and pop it in the oven.
Quick & Easy Breakfast Ideas
Save your ambitious breakfast biscuits and huevos rancheros for the weekend, they have no place on hectic weekday mornings. When time is of the essence, breakfast should be something you can throw together on the fly . These recipes are quick, easy, and low maintenance, so skip the boring bowl of Cheerios, and opt for one of these breakfasts instead.
Recommended Reading: Seeking Alpha Wall Street Breakfast
Healthy Breakfast On The Go: Top Tips
In case you dont have any idea what to cook for a healthy breakfast on the go every day, you are in the right spot.
Here is a list of products rich in proteins, fibers, and vitamins that will give you enough fuel for your body.
- High-Protein Breakfast Foods: cottage cheese, greek youghurt, smoked salmon, tofu, turkey sausages
- High-Fiber Breakfast Foods: whole grain bread for toast, whole grains cereals, bran, or rolled oats, nuts, fruits and vegetables.
- High- Antioxidants Breakfast Foods: coffee, green tea, berries
What Is A Typical Healthy Breakfast
A typical healthy breakfast is going to have a good balance of all the main food groups.
- A combination of fruit or vegetables
- Plenty of protein, eg: eggs, yogurt, oats
- Grains if you had toast make sure its whole grain toast
- Healthy fats from basic ingredients like avocado
Avoiding high fat / high sugar items will also help you to eat a healthy breakfast.
Recommended Reading: How Many Calories In Breakfast Sausage
Should I Skip Breakfast To Lose Weight
In our opinion, you dont need to skip breakfast to lose weight.
Weight management is based on a simple case of staying within a recommended calorie deficit.
So theres no reason why a healthy, nutritious breakfast cant be a part of your daily diet.
According to Time, experts say that people who eat breakfast are less likely to overeat the rest of the day, but recent studies have found no difference in weight between those who skip their morning meal and those who dont.
However, there are reports that people who eat breakfast can also have lower rates of issues like cholesterol and high blood pressure.
Peanut Butter Cacao Protein Oats
Oatmeal is absolutely healthy there is no denying this fact. But, without adding any protein to it, it can send your blood sugars sky high, which can increase our appetite and cravings while decreasing our energy stores, says Ruth. “Adding some protein and healthy fats can slow this spike and create a better-for-you, more balanced breakfast,â she notes.
Per serving: 350 cal, 8 g fat, 29 g carbs, 28 g protein, 6 g fiber
You May Like: Bed And Breakfast Canton Ohio
What Breakfast Is Good For Weight Loss
- Grapefruits among others!
Any breakfast that contains fresh, whole foods, and avoids processed food that is high in fat and sugar are going to help with weight loss.
We have a Free 7-day meal plan that is really suited to anyone looking to lose weight as its packed full of healthy meal ideas.
And if you still need more inspiration after that youll find our weekly plan will give you meal ideas every single week!
In fact, healthy breakfasts are also great if youre also trying to maintain your weight loss.
From fresh fruit to chia seeds, fruit smoothie to green smoothie, a healthy breakfast always makes a good breakfast first thing in the morning.
We hope youve found the collection inspiring and that you get to try them all.
Theyre great for the whole family, and super quick for those busy mornings when youve got to get to work and school.
Chobani Flip Cookie Dough Greek Yogurt
Greek yogurt is the perfect solution when you want something sweet that also packs protein . While you could go for a plain yogurt like strawberry or peach, each Chobani Flip has mix-ins that make it a true morning treat. Flip in the cookie dough pieces, cookie rice crisps and milk chocolate chips, stir, and youre out the door. While this breakfast has more sugar than other healthy breakfast-to-go options, just save the sugary coffee for another day and youll still be able to say you had a healthy breakfast. .
Recommended Reading: Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole Recipes
Tips To Get Started Eating Healthy
Make sure you have something you can grab if you run out of time in the morning. Planning and being prepared not only helps making healthy choices easier, but makes sticking to your goals easier. Making an entire weeks of breakfasts all at once saves a ton of time. It is like block scheduling, but for food prep for the week. Most of these do not take more than an hour to make. Some it is just a few minutes of prep then let the oven do the cooking.
What are your healthy living goals for this year?
Blueberry Almond Overnight Oats
This is the ultimate busy-bee breakfast. Combine oats, chia seeds, blueberries, vanilla, almond milk, and maple syrup in a sealed container and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, top with slivered almonds and half a sliced banana and youre ready for breakfast. If youre in the mood for something warm, heat in the microwave for 12 minutes.
You May Like: Westbrook Inn Bed And Breakfast
Why You Should Make These Breakfast Cookies
- A great on-the-go wholesome breakfast or snack These cookies are the perfect way to start your day and great for the kids to grab on their way out the door in the morning. Or they work well in a lunch box for dessert or a mid-day snack.
- Super easy to make The recipe calls for basic pantry staples so you can whip them up without having to make a special trip to the grocery store. And if you are missing an item, you can easily find a substitute.
- Quick Less than 5 to prep and they bake quickly in either the air fryer or oven.
- Easily modifiable Add nuts, and seeds, omit the chia, whatever you want to make them your own.
- No white sugar, dairy, or flour required I simply adore recipes where you can use maple syrup as a sweetener instead of white sugar. I really like the taste it adds.
- Vegan and gluten-free -With so many of us following special diets this recipe is good for vegans and those on gluten-free diets. Just take a look at the ingredient list of all the items to make sure there are no animal ingredients or gluten-containing ingredients. Oats are technically gluten-free, but some are processed in facilities that process wheat so be careful.
Air Fryer Breakfast Cookie Ingredients +tips
- Ripe banana | One small or medium ripe banana adds a nice touch of sweetness. I like to let bananas sit on the counter until they ripen and have a few black spots. Tip: if you find your bananas are becoming over-ripe, you can peel them and place them in the freezer. You can thaw them on the counter for a few hours and then they are perfect for baking!t
- Oats | Both Quick and old-fashioned oats will work well in this recipe. Dont use steel-cut oaks.
- Cocoa powder | Unsweetened cocoa powder adds a nice chocolatey flavor to these cookies. It makes these air fryer cookies taste like a real treat.
- Maple syrup | Choose pure maple syrup for these cookies and not table syrup.
- Baking powder | Baking powder helps these cookies rise ever so slightly.
- Salt | A pinch of salt enhances the flavor.
- Chia seeds | Chia seeds add some healthy nutrients like fiber and Omega 3 fats.
- Freshly brewed coffee | *Optional, but it intensifies the sweet chocolatey flavor of the cocoa powder.
- Mini chocolate chips | *Optional, Chocolate chips are optional but who doesnt love a little more chocolate flavor.
Pin this recipe for later
Don’t Miss: San Luis Obispo Bed And Breakfast
Apple French Toast Pockets
This little sandwich crimper from Amazon is perfect for on-the-go meals. Use two pieces of bread and fill the middle with canned apples or diced apples tossed with cinnamon and sugar.
These are good! If you like your apples less raw, sautee these apples first. Cut and crimp the apple sandwich and dip it into the egg french toast mix, then cook as you would regular french toast.
Make A Weekly Grocery List Of Breakfast Staples
- For quick accessibility, save your list to the MyNetDiary shopping list.
- Planning your grocery shopping to include a variety of food groups will help you consume a wider selection of nutrients. That way, your body and mind stay focused throughout your day.
- Choose foods from at least two food groups, preferably three, to help you eat a balanced quick breakfast on the go.
Grab-and-Go Grocery List for easy breakfast meal planning
Meat and meat alternatives-good sources of protein and iron
- Roll of deli meat, low-fat turkey, chicken, beef, or ham
- Hard-boiled egg
- Pre-packaged nut butter or portion two tablespoons of your own in tiny containers for a more economical option
Dairy or calcium-rich foods-good sources of calcium and vitamin D
- Pre-packaged string cheese
- Pre-cut slices of your favorite cheese
- Greek yogurt or low-fat yogurt
- Shelf-stable milk in individual containers
- Pre-packaged or homemade smoothie, made with low-fat milk, yogurt, and fruit
Fruit-good sources of vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants
- Watermelon-cut up the night before and put in a small container so you just “grab and go” in the morning. Cantaloupe, honeydew, and pineapple are other great fruits to prep ahead.
- Berries-strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries tend to spoil quickly, so remember to eat those soon after purchasing.
- Bananas-are a healthy portable fruit and a good source of potassium.
Vegetables-good sources of vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants
You May Like: Newport Ri Bed And Breakfasts
Apple Crisp Oatmeal Squares
Oatmeal is a great option for a hearty snack or breakfast, but whats the best way to make it more convenient and portable? Bake it into squares! In this recipe, a crisp topping covers a layer of apples over a base of banana and oats.
Tip: Individual servings can be frozen and later thawed or warmed in the microwave.
Savory Oatmeal With Fried Egg
Isnât oatmeal supposed to be sweet? Not always. Youâll be singing the praises of savory oatmeal after one cheesy bite of this recipe, which combines heart-healthy steel-cut oats with diced red peppers and a runny-yolk fried egg. Try it and thank me later.
Per serving: 262 cal, 16 g fat, 18 g carbs, 13 g protein, 3 g fiber
Read Also: New Hope Pa Bed And Breakfast
Banana Peanut Butter Chia Pudding
Try this superfood twist on the classic combo of PB and banana. It tastes like breakfast for dessert, if dessert were healthy. All you need is love in the form of chia seeds, a banana, some PB, and milk of your choice. And time: The pudding can rest in the fridge for four hours, but overnight is better.
Healthy Breakfast On The Go Recipes
Everyone has different goals when it comes to health. I separated out healthy breakfast on the go options based on common goals. Some people choose to eat more grains while others are for more protein packed Keto types diets. Both are fine based on your personal goals. Trust me we have tried everything from Keto now trying Mediterranean. So far they have not come up with a Southern Fried diet where you can lose weight, so this makes it hard for us to find the right one.
Read Also: Does Mcdonalds Sell Breakfast All Day
Healthier Carrot Cake Muffins
You know youâve called carrot cake a âhealth foodâ before , but itâs not even a stretch with these muffins. Thereâs loads of shredded veg and heart-healthy walnuts, plus an applesauce/Greek yogurt combo that reduces the amount of oil you need. Pair with some fresh fruit for a fiber boost.
Per serving: 216 cal, 12 g fat, 24 g carbs, 4 g protein, 1 g fiber