Make Ahead And Storage Instructions:
To Make Ahead: The peppers, onion, and garlic can be chopped ahead of time and stored in an airtight container or bag in the refrigerator.
To Store: Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat on a greased skillet or in the air fryer for a for a few minutes, until hot and crispy.
How To Reheat Breakfast Potatoes
These breakfast potatoes are best served right after baking, but leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. There are a few options for how to reheat the potatoes:
- Microwave: This is usually my choice, mostly for convenience. While using the microwave is fast and easy, you do lose some of the crispy texture.
- Air Fryer: If you have an air fryer, its a great way to make your reheated potatoes extra crispy. Air fry them at 375° F for a few minutes, until hot.
- Oven: Place the potatoes on a parchment lined sheet pan and reheat at 400° F until the potatoes are heated through.
- Skillet: Add a few teaspoons of olive oil to a skillet, heat over medium heat, and add the potatoes. Cook, stirring often, until the potatoes are hot.
How To Make Fried Potatoes For Breakfast
I think most people go with the fried option when it comes to breakfast potatoes. Thats an easy way to make up the potatoes at the same time as the meat and eggs. The potatoes cook for a bit longer, so you want to start with them, but its simple to add your other items to the same skillet after the potatoes have cooked for a while.
How to make dice potatoes for breakfast- Breakfast potatoes are usually diced, and youll get more fiber and nutrition from them if you keep the skins on. Start by scrubbing the potatoes clean under running water and then slice them into small cubes.
Then, heat up two tablespoons of oil in a frying pan. Once the oil is hot, toss your potatoes into the frying pan and cook on medium heat. This method for how to cook potatoes on the stove for breakfast cooks them very quickly. They will cook in about 8 minutes.
Make sure you move the potatoes around in the oil using a spatula and turn them over as best you can while they cook. This ensures that they cook evenly on all sides.
Once the potatoes start to brown lightly, you can add in eggs and precooked meat, like sausage or ham. Move your food around as it cooks until the eggs have set and are no longer runny.
Once the eggs are done cooking and the potatoes are medium brown, you can remove the skillet from the stove. Then, season with salt, pepper, and perhaps a little parsley or ground chili.
Also Check: Bed And Breakfast St George Utah
How To Make The Best Crispy Breakfast Potatoes:
Lazy Autumn Saturday morning breakfast wouldnt be complete without a stack of homemade pumpkin waffles and these hearty skillet potatoes. And it sure beats the hockey puck hash browns from the grocery store! If youve got leftovers, you can pop them into an airtight container and and store them in the refrigerator. Reheat them in a skillet, air fry them, or heat them in a toaster oven for a few minutes.
Eat until your fall hearts content.
Cook TimeTotal Time
Homemade diner-style skillet breakfast potatoes are perfect to whip up for breakfast. You can prep these from the night before, so they take less time to serve up in the morning.
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
Perfectly Crispy Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
The best crispy breakfast potatoes roasted to perfection in the oven. These easy roasted breakfast potatoes are heavily flavored with warming spices like turmeric, garlic and cumin, and are wonderful served with eggs, avocado, sausage or bacon! A must-make for breakfast or brunch.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. Please read my policy page.
I always, ALWAYS eat my breakfast potatoes with ketchup. Or should I say I have ketchup with a side of breakfast potatoes? I cant help that I love ketchup so much, I think I was born that way.
Growing up, my mom always used to tell me I was ruining her breakfast potatoes whenever I doused them with ketchup. I told her it made them that much better.
It was pretty common for her to serve us breakfast potatoes on the weekends. In fact, I think my brother and I lived for them. They were heavily flavored and a bright yellow-orange from all the delicious spices in there. My mom often made them in a skillet with sazon spices, and to this day I still dream of their deliciousness. In fact, every time I see her I request her breakfast potatoes with over-medium eggs and creamy, ripe avocado and a side of my beloved ketchup.
Also Check: Bed And Breakfast Gift Card
What To Serve With Best Roasted/oven Baked Breakfast Potatoes Recipe
These potatoes are the perfect compliment to any type of eggs: scrambled, over easy, fried, omelets, frittata, skillets, or even egg casseroles.
They also pair well with any type of breakfast protein such as sausage, bacon, ham, or Canadian bacon.
Which Foods Cause The Most Greenhouse Gas Emissions
The climate impact of food is measured in terms of greenhouse gas emissions intensity. The emissions intensity is expressed in kilograms of carbon dioxide equivalents which includes not only CO2 but all greenhouse gases per kilogram of food, per gram of protein or per calorie.
Animal-based foods, especially red meat, dairy, and farmed shrimp, are generally associated with the highest greenhouse gas emissions. This is because:
- Meat production often require extensive grasslands, which is often created by cutting down trees, releasing carbon dioxide stored in forests.
- Cows and sheep emit methane as they digest grass and plants.
- The cattles waste on pastures and chemical fertilizers used on crops for cattle feed emit nitrous oxide, another powerful greenhouse gas.
- Shrimp farms often occupy coastal lands formerly covered in mangrove forests which absorb huge amounts of carbon. The large carbon footprint of shrimp or prawns is mainly due to the stored carbon that is released into the atmosphere when mangroves are cut down to create shrimp farms.
Plant-based foods such as fruits and vegetables, whole grains, beans, peas, nuts, and lentils generally use less energy, land, and water, and have lower greenhouse gas intensities than animal-based foods.
Read Also: What Are Mcdonalds Breakfast Hours
Ways To Eat These Crispy Breakfast Potatoes
Whether its breakfast, lunch or dinner, theres a multitude of ways to serve these potatoes.
- Create a classic American breakfast plate with a side of fried or scrambled eggs and baked bacon.
- Serve them alongside my healthy egg muffins to amp up the previous option.
- Toss them into a breakfast hash with sautéed kale, spinach, and fried eggs on top.
What Youll Need To Make The Best Crispy Breakfast Potatoes
These delicious & easy breakfast potatoes only require a few basic ingredients and plenty cozy spices to make them perfectly crispy an truly irresistible. These potatoes are my own version of moms classic breakfast potato recipe. Heres what youll need:
- Potatoes: I typically use about 2 pounds of russet potatoes. I find that russet are the best for to keep nice and crispy.
- Olive oil: gotta have plenty of oil to help crisp up the potatoes with all of that amazing seasoning.
- Spices: heres where it gets fun! I use a mix of garlic powder, cumin, coriander, ground turmeric, paprika, cayenne and of course, salt & pepper to season these crispy breakfast potatoes. The flavor combination is out of this world addicting, so dont skip it!
Read Also: Bed And Breakfast Lincoln Ne
Looking For More Delicious Breakfast Recipes
Check out this collection of my favorite Healthy Pancakes and Waffles plus the Homemade Whole Wheat Pancake Mix you should have on your counter. Looking for a hearty breakfast recipe that you can cook fast to feed a crowd?
10 Healthy Pancake and Waffle Breakfasts
- 2lbsred potatoesdiced small into bite-sized pieces
- Parsley for garnish
What To Serve With Breakfast Potatoes
- As pictured with an egg cooked in a red bell pepper ring, fresh fruit and avocado
- Sauté some onion and green bell pepper, add them to the potatoes for a delicious side dish any time of day
- Top them with cheese, sour cream, cooked bacon and green onions for loaded breakfast potatoes
- As a filling for breakfast burritos
- As part of a buffet with pancakes and waffles
- Fruit Salad
Recommended Reading: Is Mcdonald’s Serving Breakfast All Day
Ingredients For Homemade Breakfast Potatoes:
- Potatoes: I like to use russet potatoes for this recipe as they have the best texture for skillet potatoes. You can use other potatoes as well, such as red potatoes, if thats what you prefer.
- Butter + Oil: Youll want a couple tablespoon of butter and olive oil to help fry the potatoes.
- Seasonings: I use a pinch of cayenne pepper for heat, a ½ teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, and a sprinkle of smoked paprika. The smokiness help give these potatoes the most amazing flavor! Youll also need kosher salt and black pepper.
- Fresh herbs: these are optional, I like to have a stem of rosemary, a few sprigs of fresh thyme, and a smashed clove of garlic if time permits. This helps infuse the flavors into the oil before you fry up the potatoes.
Skillet Breakfast Potatoes Video:
See all those little brown bits, thats all butter mingling with spices and crisping up the outside of your breakfast potatoes.
I wanted to share these skillet potatoes with ASAP, but no matter what I tried, I couldnt get that same taste and texture that they do when you order them at your favorite breakfast joint. I tried parboiling the potatoes first, then roasting them in the oven. Dont get me wrong, they were decent, but they were missing that golden outer layer that gives skillet potatoes their umph. Not to mention, I couldnt call them skillet potatoes if they werent prepared in a *hint hint* skillet.
So then I tried dicing the potatoes and coating them in a little cornstarch, you know, cornstarch on tofu worked out pretty well, plus it dries up all that excess moisture. GENIUS, right? Wrong. They were meh. You know how diner-style breakfast potatoes are always that ideal balance of crisp, well-seasoned, and tender? These certainly were not.
Back to the drawing board!
The winning combination? Steam the potatoes, dice them, and cooking them up in a skillet.
How To Fry Potatoes For That Crispy Edge
When you are ready to pan fry your potatoes, stainless steel or a cast iron pan will give you the crispest outside. A pan with a non-stick coating will make it difficult to get the browned, crispy outside.
I also like to use a portion of butter and a portion of olive oil. Youll heat your pan over medium heat and wait until the butter and oil combination begins to foam a little. That means your pan is ready for your potatoes. Dont put the potatoes in a cold pan because then they will soak up too much oil. And a too hot pan will give you burned potatoes before the insides are tender.
Make sure to pat your potatoes dry before adding them to the pan. You dont want the water to steam the potatoes or it will cause them to get mushy.
Let the potatoes fry to a deep, golden brown before you use a spatula to flip them. I used to be a terrible offender here, I was a premature flipper. But the more you move the potatoes, the more they will get soft. You want the outsides to get nice and crispy before you flip to the other side. That gives your breakfast potatoes a nice golden, crunchy outside and a soft inside.
You have officially mastered crispy breakfast potatoes. Congratulations!
Ways To Customize These Potatoes
Ive designed this recipe to be a simple side but you can customize it further with some of these ideas:
- Amp up the seasonings with chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and/or dried oregano.
- Add 1/2 a diced bell pepper to the skillet with the onion.
- Chop up a fully-cooked chicken sausage and add it to the skillet when your potatoes are pretty close to done. It will brown quickly and add some protein to this delectable side.
- Stir in fresh chopped herbs like parsley, basil, or oregano before serving.
- If you want to turn these potatoes into a complete meal just add eggs! I like to scramble mine in a bowl with a little water, salt, and pepper. Follow the recipe instructions to let the potatoes completely cook. When the potatoes are done, pour in your egg mixture. Keep the heat on medium low or low and stir the eggs into the potatoes. Theyll cook super fast since the skillet and potatoes are already hot. Now you have a meal!
You May Like: Bed N Breakfast Hermann Mo
Breakfast Potatoes For Brunch
I love a good brunch and a good brunch HAS to include breakfast potatoes. They are the perfect side to any breakfast meal. Our favorite way to make breakfast potatoes is in the oven. Roasted Breakfast Potatoes are super easy to make and SO good! They are a staple at our house for breakfast, brunch, and really anytime!
Tips For Success With Breakfast Potatoes:
*A silpat is recommended because it can withstand broiling at the end. You can use parchment if you dont broil at the end. Without lining your baking sheet, potatoes will stick and be difficult to turn.
*Add salt just before putting the potatoes in the oven. DO NOT let them sit after this or they will start releasing juice which will adversely affect how your potatoes roast and get crispy.
*You can easily double this recipe to feed a larger crowd, but use a LARGE baking sheet like this one.
Also Check: Old Northside Bed And Breakfast
How To Make Crispy Potatoes: