Banana And Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal Cups
Yes, chocolate chips must be involved, obviously.
A healthier take on dessert or, breakfast bars, these bake-ahead portables are delicious and nutritious. The crust of oats, coconut oil, banana, and maple syrup supports a topping of fresh berries, chia seeds, and oats sweetened with raspberry jelly.
Use a high quality jam or jelly fruit should be the first ingredient. Or make it yourself!
Healthy Breakfast Peach Crumble
This is a 10-minute healthy version of peach crumble that is made on the stove with peaches, honey, oats and cinnamon. To meal prep, make more and keep the peaches and the crumble separately in the fridge and heat up before serving with some yogurt or milk of choice and nut butter if desired. Recipe here.
Is Meal Prep Essential For Building Muscle
Although weekly meal prep can be a big help in your quest to follow a clean bulk workout and diet plan and build muscle, it’s not essential. You can build muscle without prepping your meals ahead of time. Plenty of people have done it. But building muscle is more challenging, time-consuming, and expensive if you are not prepared.
So, if you don’t meal prep, what do you do?
There are a couple of options. The first is to prepare and cook all of your meals as you need them. This might be possible if you are a professional athlete or can afford a personal chef. It is nearly impossible for the rest of us to cook multiple meals fresh every day. Doing this would be a part-time job.
Another option is to depend on quick and easy meals. Things like canned chicken and tuna, precooked rice, protein shakes, protein bars, beef jerky, and eating at restaurants.
These options can work in a pinch, but should not be your everyday plan.
Also Check: Best Food To Eat For Breakfast To Lose Weight
What Containers Do You Use For These Grab
The only absolutely essential thing you need for a reliable grab-and-go meal prep breakfast is an appropriate container to store and transport your food. Here are a few containers I use to store meal prep breakfast foods:
- mason jars This is how I store most of my overnight oats, chia pudding, and yogurt parfaits. I like using Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars or Pint Sized Wide Mouth Mason Jars. Wide mouth is my preference because theyre easier to eat from and clean.
- Stasher bags I have a full collection of Stasher Silicone Food Storage Bags bags in all sizes, and theyre perfect for holding things like breakfast bars, muffins, and granola.
- parchment paper and aluminum foil For long term freezer storage of things like breakfast burritos or sandwiches, Ill double wrap with parchment paper , followed by aluminum foil .
- glass containers with lids In my experience, breakfast is usually the least likely meal to need a full size container with lid, but there are definitely times when it happens. In that case, Ill use 4-cup Pyrex round glass containers or 2 Compartment Glass Meal Prep Containers.
Why Meal Prep Breakfast What Are The Benefits
Why should we meal prep breakfast? How is it beneficial? Here are a few good reasons, in my opinion:
- Saves money Breakfast foods prepared at home are usually much cheaper than premade breakfasts you would find at a coffee shop or restaurant. You can usually make something similar for less at home.
- Saves time Some people consider mornings the busiest time of day. If something is ready to eat, that means you save time not having to think about what to make. You also save time by not having to prepare something for yourself right at that moment its already made.
- Makes food choices easier Im so much more likely to eat a breakfast food thats already made and sitting right there in my fridge . Instead of mulling over whats easy or what I could make with the time I have, its already done, saving me some brain power.
- More control Spending the time to think about your future meals gives you more control over the choices and logistics. If you plan ahead, you have more time to think through the choices, account for variables, search for sales, and make changes to the plan if necessary.
Breakfast Is One Of The Most Important Meals Of The Day
The other most important ones? That would be lunch and dinner. Skipping breakfast might make it seem like youre saving time at the moment but when that bottoming-out, low-energy feeling hits mid-morning youll probably lose any time youve saved scrambling for something to put in your face .
That being said, we know how difficult it can be to put a healthy meal in front of you in the morning and still get out of the door on time so weve rounded these 15 Healthy Meal Prep Breakfast Recipes to make mornings a little easier.
The weekend is a great time to prep one or two of these 15 healthy meal prep breakfast recipes so theyre easy to reheat and eat at home or grab and go on your way to work or school. If you workout in the morning before heading to work, just tuck them into your gym bag so youre ready to refuel and conquer the day with a happy belly.
The Best Base Recipe For Overnight Oats
Depending on how you prepare your overnight oats, the end result can be indulging, nutritious, and filling: the perfect way to start your day.
What is the best overnight oats ratio?
After testing different ratio of ingredients, this is what works best for me:
1/2 CUP OATS + 1/2 CUP LIQUID + 1/2 TBSP CHIA SEEDS
You should try this recipe as it is, and then you can play with it as much as you like. This ratio gives my oats a rich, dense texture. If you like your oats a bit wetter, simply add more milk. You can also add more chia seeds for a thicker end result .
To make your overnight oats, simply add your oats and chia seeds to a small jaror bowl. If you have a sweet tooth, add your preferred sweetener. Mix with a spoon and pour your preferred milk on top. If you are going to eat your overnight oats cold, you can also add the yogurt at this point.
Give the mixture a good stir. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight. This will allow the oats to soak and soften.
In the morning, just grab one of the jars, add your favorite toppings and enjoy it at home or on-the-go.
Thats it! It takes much longer to write it down than to do it. Its a 5-minute recipe perfect as a make-ahead breakfast or snack .
Also Check: Bed And Breakfast Manteo Nc
Here Are Some Of The Ingredients You Need For Some Healthy Breakfast Meal Prep Ideas:
In my case, since I have two growing kids, these wholesome ingredients are a must whenever we go grocery shopping.
- Oats a very good source of fiber that aids in digestion. You can do many recipes with oats like porridge, overnight oats, smoothies, muffins, granola, and breakfast bars.
- Milk we use the standard dairy milk but there are other options for you like almond milk, coconut milk, rice milk, soy, milk, oat milk.
- Eggs couldnt live without it! Fry it, boil it, however you cook it, I wouldnt say no! Even my picky eaters love it. Along with milk, eggs contain the highest biological value for protein.
- Fruits apples, bananas, grapes, pineapple
- Veggies potatoes, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant, carrots, cucumber
- Bread and cheese
Benefits Of Meal Prepping
1. Save money
2. Save time
If you struggle to get meals together every day, meal prep is a great way to have something ready to eat at any time.
3. Eat healthy meals every day
The hungrier you are, the more tempted you get to eat unhealthy food. Youll know exactly what you are eating every day by cooking a healthy breakfast ahead of time. You can pick the right ingredients and make sure you add plenty of nourishing fruit and vegetables to your diet.
Don’t Miss: Best Foods To Eat For Breakfast
Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Protein Pancakes
When you think of pancakes, you probably think of lazy weekday mornings. Thats because making pancakes is time-consuming.
You have to prepare the batter, let it rest, and make individual pancakes. But not with these Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Protein Pancakes.
What youre doing is placing your batter in a lined baking sheet. Then youre baking it for about 20 minutes.
Once you cooled, your big pancake into squares. So you can have a square each day of the week.
But convenience aside, these Pancakes are delicious. The sweet potatoes add a ton of sweetness, so you dont even need maple syrup.
Youre also using rolled oats, eggs, and egg whites in the batter. So youre getting lots of protein.
Low Carb Breakfast Egg Bake
Andbecause that was so good and weve still got some chicken left, why not make another egg bake that is lower carb and grain-free? Yes, we will. With eggs, shredded chicken, peppers, cheddar cheese and some butter this savory breakfast bake packs 15g of protein per 200 calories. You can find the recipe here.
These high-protein vegetarian burritos are filled with eggs, beans and vegetables and are a great option for when youre really hungry in the morning. The recipe is here.
Read Also: Bed And Breakfast Northfield Mn
Keep Your Prepared Breakfasts Organized
When making a large batch of one type of breakfast to portion out and freeze for future use, dont forget to label the individual portions with the contents and date. Then, store them with the oldest items on top for easy grab and go in the morning.
If you have a chest freezer, think about picking up inexpensive plastic bins or wire baskets to keep your food organized. Some items, like breakfast sandwiches, can easily get lost in the bottom of a chest freezer, so keep them corralled in one spot.
Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
Get The Full Recipe On One Lovely Life
Coz, I love oats and bananas so much, here are other meal prep ideas for breakfast to try!
Strawberry banana overnight oats! Doesnt it look sooo appealing? When youre craving a cold breakfast thats delicious and healthy, then you must recreate this recipe!
Love its healthy ingredients, especially the fresh fruits. Bananas and strawberries are very rich in vitamin C, folate, and potassium.
Don’t Miss: Is Wendy’s Breakfast All Day
The Perfect Meal Prep Breakfast Ideas
Scroll down to check out a varying collection of incredible breakfast recipes perfect for getting all the nutrition you need with minimal hassle.
Under each staple ingredient, weve included recipes that are suitable for:
- Grab and Go: These are meals you fully cook or prep ahead of time perfect if youre always in a rush in the morning. They may require quick reheating, but otherwise, need minimal work in the AM.
- Partially Prepared: These are meals that are partially cooked/prepared. Most of the work is done, but they may still require a little morning prep to enjoy the finished dish.
Choosing Meal Prep Containers
If you plan to meal prep often, you will probably want to invest in good quality meal prep containers that will keep your food fresh in the fridge. Because, let me tell you, spoiled food, microwave meltdowns, and leaky lids are no joke.
I have these glass meal prep containers and I LOVE them. Theyre durable, theyre re-heatable, they stack well, and theyre dishwasher safe.
Lets have a quick glass vs. plastic meal prep analysis to make your job easier.
Plastic meal prep containers are
- Great for eating on the go
- Multiple sizes available
Where to buy meal prep containers:
- Online. I got mine from .
- In most grocery stores, in the kitchen appliances section.
Read Also: Best Bed And Breakfasts In Virginia
Pro Tips For Breakfast Meal Prep
- Buy high-quality fresh ingredients: When meal prepping, you want to ensure you get the most flavor from your food. Thats why its important to use fresh ingredients instead of preserved foods, that can lose taste over time.
- Plan ahead: This step is vital when it comes to meal prep, especially if youre busy. You want to ensure you set aside enough time to properly prep. The bonus is youll save time during the week because your ingredients have already been prepped!
- Use meal prep containers and mason jars to make your breakfast portable: Jars give your food an appetizing appearance, allow you to portion out for the week, and they can go right into the microwave!
Make Ahead Omelet In A Jar
Whether youre making eggs for yourself or a family of 4, this recipe has you covered. Its a make ahead dish that uses canning jars to store your vegetables, cheese and all your favorite options all in one place. Fresh for up to three days, all you have to do is crack some eggs and dump the contents of the jar into a skillet!
Its time to switch things up and have dinner for breakfast! These make-ahead breakfast quesadillas combine eggs, beans, corn, cheese, salsa and more, all wrapped up in a soft tortilla shell. Enjoy!
Read Also: Best Breakfast In Cherry Creek
+ Healthy Meal Prep Breakfast Ideas
Save money and time with these delicious make-ahead breakfast recipes! I decided to make a list of my favorite healthy meal prep breakfast ideas that include breakfast muffins, breakfast cookies, healthy breakfast burritos and wraps, overnight oats and other oatmeal-based recipes, hearty egg recipes for breakfast and so many more. These meal prep recipes will basically save your sanity if youre trying to eat healthier while living an actual life.
Nutty Banana Oat Muffins
Traditional muffins taste mighty fine, but they’re made with too many refined carbs, like refined sugar and white flour. When you flood your system with these simple carbs in one sitting, your body will store excess food as body fatrather than using it as fuel. Although a muffin isn’t thought of as the healthiest breakfast choice, there are some simple tweaks you can make to your favorite recipe that makes the treat worth it.
You May Like: When Does Dunkin Donuts Stop Serving Breakfast
Who Benefits From High Protein Meal Prep
Meal prepping is often considered a bodybuilding strategy, but anyone interested in eating healthy would benefit from high-protein meal prep.
As mentioned, it’s challenging for anyone to eat high-protein meals without meal prep consistently. But, it is even more challenging for busy people.
If you are constantly on the go, meal prepping might be the only way you can consistently eat healthy. Additionally, if you work long hours, the same idea applies. By preparing your meals ahead of time and packing them in a cooler, you can take a full day of meals with you.
Another group of people who would benefit from meal prepping is new parents. When you have a newborn to take care of, one of the last things you want to do at mealtime is cook a meal for yourself.
Take advantage of when the baby is sleeping and meal prep.
What Ingredients I Need To Make These Healthy Breakfast Meal Prep Bowls
The best part of this breakfast meal is that you probably already have all the healthy ingredients you need in your fridge and pantry to make this recipe. Here are the main ingredients youll need:
· Onion: You can use red, yellow or white onions. But even for some reason you can have onions, you can skip then.
· Red bell pepper: To make these healthy breakfast meal-prep bowls, I use red bell pepper, but you can replace if for yellow or green too. Its totally up to you. Got extra bell peppers? Try my Chicken and Bell Peppers Skillet.
· Roasted sweet potato: This is the queen of this dish. Love, love, love the addition of roasted sweet potato in here. But if you dont have sweet potato, you can use any other root of your preference.
· Spinach: You have to add some greens in this frittata, right? Kale or collard goes really well with this recipe too.
· Then, youll need eggs, almond milk and some seasoning.
· Also, to make your healthy breakfast meal-prep bowls complete and even more nutritious I added some berries and cashews. You also can add boiled egg or veggies aside.
Recommended Reading: Bed And Breakfast Gainesville Fl
Prep Now Be Thankful Later
I always say that meal prep is a gift that my current self gives to my future self.
The subtitle of The Vegan Week is meal prep recipes to feed your future self, and I mean it sincerely.
I try to be honest about the realities of meal prep. It can be time consuming and laborious, depending on how much you do.
For me, however, the benefits of having homemade food thats ready to heat and eat as the week begins is priceless.
Ive never once been sorry to have meal prepped, even if all I could manage was a sauce or a batch of muffins.
Its easy to focus on meal prep lunch or dinner at the expense of breakfast. But Ive found that breakfast is one of the nicest meals to prep ahead of time precisely because its so tempting to run out the door in the morning without something balanced to eat.
When I do have a solid, nourishing, and nutritionally adequate morning meal, the landscape of my day changes. Im more energized, I feel more grounded, and Im not starving when lunchtime rolls around.
I hope that these vegan meal prep breakfast ideas will help you to access all of those sensations, too, week in and week out.
Next up: lunch!