Bacon Biscuit Breakfast Casserole
This Cracked Out Breakfast Bubble Up is AMAZING! This recipe is super easy to make with only 6 ingredients: refrigerated biscuits, bacon, cheddar, ranch, eggs, and milk. One bite and you will be blown away! While this is called a breakfast casserole, it is equally delicious for lunch and dinner. We love breakfast for dinner at our house!
What does Bubble Up mean? Bubble up refers to casseroles made with refrigerated biscuits. They bubble up when they are baked. Ive made several bubble up casseroles for the blog pizza, white pizza, and even an enchilada bubble up casserole. They are all fantastic.
Helpful Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
- I used Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage. Any brand of pork sausage will work fine.
- Feel free to substitute turkey sausage for a lower-calorie option.
- I use two cans of the smaller 5-count can of biscuits. I did NOT use the bigger Grands! biscuits.
- Can Bubble Up Breakfast Casserole be made in advance?Yes! You can assemble the casserole and refrigerate it overnight.
- If I am making this for a weekday breakfast, I will cook the sausage and whisk up the eggs the night before. I store everything in the fridge overnight. I chop the biscuits, assemble the casserole first thing in the morning, and bake it. It works out great.
What Youll Need To Make Biscuits
- A baking sheet that can handle the size of the scones.
- Biscuit cutter so you get nice evenly sized biscuits.
- Parchment paper makes removal of these biscuits painless and ensures they come off in one piece.
- A pastry cutter makes quick work of cutting the butter into the flour. Two knives or forks will also work or you can use a box grater.
- A pastry brush to brush on melted butter when the biscuits are hot from the oven.
You May Like: Healthy Breakfast Bars For Weight Loss
Can I Use Buttermilk In This Biscuit Recipe
Yes, you absolutely can and we frequently do. Since buttermilk is thicker than regular milk, you will need slightly more to get the dough to the right consistency. Start with one and one-quarter cup and add more as needed.
To get a nice, tall biscuit, I like to pat the dough out to 3/4 to 1 inch thickness and cut with a biscuit cutter. I ended up with nine this time but depending on who is snacking on biscuit dough, I can get up to 12 biscuits.
Baking the biscuits is super quick just about 10 minutes is all you need. I like to bake my biscuits on parchment paper but if you dont have that on hand, lightly grease your baking sheet.
For extra yumminess, brush the tops of the biscuits with melted butter
And serve with jams and jellies for a serious treat.
Make Ahead Breakfast Biscuit Sandwiches
cook time:30 minutes
total time:1 hour
Oh-so-warm, flaky buttermilk biscuits with eggs, bacon and cheese. Store in the fridge and reheat in the morning!
- 12 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 slices sharp cheddar cheese
For the buttermilk biscuits
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
Don’t Miss: Which Mcdonald’s Has All Day Breakfast
How Long Do Canned Biscuits Last
Pillsbury biscuits can always last for up to 3 years from when they have been shelved. If opened and stored at room temperature, they can last up to 2 days. If freshly baked and refrigerated, the biscuits can last up to 1 week or more. Also, Pillsbury biscuits can still be consumed 2 months after expiration.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Homemade Biscuits
Not a whole lot! And Im pretty sure you have most, if not all, of these on hand in your pantry. The one ingredient you may see in this list that could be a little unfamiliar is the cream of tartar. I use it in my Snickerdoodles recipe and love it in biscuits but if you dont have it on hand, please, dont let that stop you from making this biscuit recipe. Go ahead and omit it from the recipe.
Youll notice this list is very similar to the ingredients used in my scones recipe. My scones call for heavy cream instead of whole milk and a more substantial amount of sugar.
I should also note that my brother makes these biscuits every weekend and doesnt use the egg, like, EVER. In fact, neither does my little sister. If you want to leave it out, go ahead.
- all-purpose flour
Don’t Miss: Bed And Breakfast St George Utah
Breakfast Recipes With Canned Biscuits
What should I make for dinner tonight? This might just be the number one question that we ask ourselves almost daily over here.
Then you have come to the right place, we have rounded up 15 breakfast recipes with canned biscuits that we have shared over the years.
Plus, there is such a variety of flavours in these recipes, so you are sure to find something for you. Most of these recipes are quick and easy ones made especially for busy weeknights.
How To Make Hissy Fit Breakfast Bubble Up
This biscuit breakfast casserole is very easy to make with only a few simple ingredients. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain excess grease. Cut refrigerated canned biscuits into quarters. Layer biscuits, cooked sausage, and shredded cheese in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, kosher salt, and black pepper. Pour egg mixture over the sausage, shredded cheese, and biscuits and bake. SO easy. Sprinkle the baked casserole with parsley and enjoy.
Don’t Miss: Bed And Breakfast Maine Coast
How To Make Cinnamon Sugar Bites
Like I said earlier, these Cinnamon Bites are really easy to make. Just 4 ingredients and 15-20 minutes of your time is all it takes to make a sweet and tasty breakfast, dessert, or snack!
How to make cinnamon bites:
These crispy cinnamon bites taste like sweet mini donuts and they are so good dipped in milk or coffee. Its the perfect sweet breakfast or dessert! If you dont eat them all at once, you can easily store them to eat later. Just put them in an airtight storage container and keep them in the pantry or somewhere at room temperature. They reheat really well!
I hope you love these bite-sized cinnamon biscuits as much as we do! Everybody deserves a little bite of sweetness every single day. These Crispy Cinnamon Sugar Bites are the perfect way to start your day.
Watch the Video and See the recipe card for details on How to Make Cinnamon Sugar Biscuit Bites. Enjoy!
Tips For Making Biscuits
- The secret to excellent biscuits is COLD BUTTER. Really cold. Many times the biscuit dough gets worked so much that the butter softens before the biscuits even go in the oven. You want to handle the dough as little as possible because we want that butter to stay cold.
- I use two methods tor incorporate the butter into the flour mixture.
- One is to cut the butter into small pieces, refrigerate or freeze until ready to use, and then use a pastry cutter to cut the butter into the mixture when ready.
- The second is grating frozen butter with a box grater and then stirring it into the flour mixture.
- Both work great so use the method you prefer. Dont go too crazy here you want to see small, pea-sized pieces of butter throughout the dough.
- To keep the butter from melting at all, use a cold egg and cold milk as well.
- The dough is going to be sticky so you want to generously flour the surface before turning your dough out onto it. I also sprinkle some flour on top before working with the dough.
- You can either use your hands to pat the dough out, or, if you prefer, use a rolling pin to very gently roll the dough out. I always just use my hands because at this point, theyre already a mess. If the dough is sticky, just sprinkle on additional flour, about a tablespoon at a time.
Also Check: Until What Time Does Mcdonalds Serve Breakfast
What To Serve With Bacon Egg & Cheese Biscuit Bake
This casserole is a real crowd-pleaser. Everyone raves about it! I can understand why. I am obsessed with this dish This is great for a potluck, brunch, baby shower, holiday mornings, and early morning tailgates. We usually serve this with some grits or potatoes. It is also great with a salad for lunch and dinner.
Here are a few of our favorite recipes from the blog that go great with this easy casserole:
Get The Latest Recipes Right In Your Inbox:
Oh-so-warm, flaky buttermilk biscuits with eggs, bacon and cheese. Store in the fridge and reheat in the morning!
Say hello to the best start of your day. Flaky, mile-high, super buttery biscuits stuffed with scrambled eggs, bacon and sharp cheddar cheese.
If only every morning could start like this.
But wait, it can! You can actually make this ahead of time and store in the fridge, reheating the morning of. The recipe yields 12 biscuit sandwiches so you have plenty for the entire family.
You can try to freeze it but it doesnt really hold up very well in the freezer, just FYI! But hey, anything is possible.
The prep time is longer than most, but hey, every minute you put in on a Sunday afternoon will come right back to you Monday morning when you have the most epic breakfast sandwich before heading into work.
No more growling stomachs during those meetings because you will be on that biscuit high.
Don’t Miss: Things To Have For Breakfast
Cinnamon Bites Recipe Cinnamon Sugar Biscuits
Cinnamon Bites are a tasty sweet treat for breakfast, dessert, or any time of day. These cinnamon sugar biscuits are the perfect size for snacking!
These little cinnamon bites are the perfect breakfast dessert recipe. You know those days where you just crave something sweet in the mornings? Those days where donuts or dessert sound delicious any time of day? Those days where you want a sweet snackbut dont want to bake all day to accomplish your dreams? These CRISPY SUGAR CINNAMON BISCUIT BITES are exactly what you need!
These Cinnamon Sugar Bites couldnt be easier. Were using premade dough of course to make this recipe super simple. Just a few minutes in the oven, dip em in a homemade cinnamon sugar recipe, and theyre done!
These crispy cinnamon biscuits couldnt be more crave-worthy. Pop a couple in your mouth for breakfast, snack on them throughout the day, or heat some up and top with ice cream for the ultimate dessert after dinner. JUST TOO GOOD! Im obsessed. These are perfect for Christmas breakfast too. Grab a handful and open those gifts!
These Crispy Cinnamon Sugar Biscuit Bites are so sweet and crave-worthy. Perfect for a sweet breakfast or a fun dessert!
Biscuit Casserole Substitutions And Alterations
- Canned biscuits – there really isn’t a substitute for this. I have not tried it with homemade biscuits.
- Breakfast sausage – you can replace the breakfast sausage with any of your favorite breakfast meats like ham or ground turkey sausage.
- Eggs – I don’t recommend replacing the eggs for egg whites or egg substitute. It does not result in the same texture or consistency.
- Cheese – You can omit the cheese entirely if you’d prefer not to have it.
Also Check: Healthy Recipes For Weight Loss Breakfast
How To Make Breakfast Casserole With Biscuits
Detailed instructions and measurements to make Biscuit Breakfast Casserole are listed in the recipe card at the bottom of this page.
How To Make Stuffed Breakfast Biscuits
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or spray generously with non stick spray. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Brown the sausage and drain most of the grease . Youll want to leave a little grease in the bottom of the pan to cook the eggs.
Add eggs to the sausage pan and scramble the eggs. Allow the eggs to cool for about 5 minutes after they have finished cooking.
Pull each biscuit apart horizontally and stretch so you have large thin circles.
Add the sausage and egg mixture to half of the biscuits.
Top with cheese and season with salt and pepper.
Place the remaining biscuits on top and press the edges together with a fork.
Bake for 15 minutes or until they are golden brown.
You May Like: When Does Wendy Stop Serving Breakfast
Tips For Making Breakfast Bombs
- To reduce time, use heat-and-serve sausage patties or pre-cooked sausage crumbles.
- For fluffy eggs, scramble them in a mixing bowl with a dash of milk before adding to the sausage crumbles.
- If you are adding veggies, sauté them in the pan with the sausage, before cracking the eggs in.
- If desired, brush the tops of each biscuit with egg wash for a perfect golden brown biscuit.
Cracked Out Breakfast Bubble Up
Tuesday, January 18, 2022
Cracked Out Breakfast Bubble Up I am obsessed with this casserole! Only 6 ingredients: bacon, cheddar cheese, ranch dressing mix, eggs, milk, and refrigerated biscuits. SO good! Great for breakfast, lunch, dinner, baby showers, overnight guests, and holiday mornings. This only takes a minute to make and is ready to eat in about 35 minutes. We LOVE this quick and easy casserole!
Remember this recipe.
Don’t Miss: Bed And Breakfast Rhinebeck Ny
No Refrigeration Time Required
A lot of breakfast casseroles require you to assemble the casserole and refrigerate it overnight before baking. This sausage and egg casserole, however, doesnt have to refrigerate at all! You can throw it together from scratch in 5-10 minutes, pop it straight into the oven, and enjoy it 30 minutes later!
ASSEMBLE. Line bottom of greased 9×13 inch baking dish with biscuit dough, firmly pressing to seal. Sprinkle with your choice of meat and cheese. Whisk together eggs, milks, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until blended, then pour the egg mixture over the sausage and cheese.
BAKE. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes, or until set. We recommend letting the casserole rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Note: Oven temperatures can vary. Make sure to bake the casserole for a little more or less time depending on your oven.You dont want the casserole to be runny, or to dry out so adjust cooking time as needed.
When you think its done, stick a knife into the middle and see how soft it is. This will help to make sure its cooked to your liking.
OTHER INGREDIENTS TO ADD
Although these are the standard ingredients, you can also add:
- chopped bacon
- anything else you think would go with this sausage and egg casserole
Breakfast Biscuit Casserole Faqs
- To make this dairy-free, be sure to use dairy-free biscuits and dairy-free cheese. You can also omit the cheese entirely.
- Be sure to use a flavorful breakfast sausage. If you do, you don’t need to add extra seasoning to the eggs.
- If your breakfast sausage is really fatty, be sure to drain off the grease after cooking. You don’t want it in the casserole.
- We like Pillsbury Grands biscuits the best, but any of your favorite canned biscuits will work.
Do I have to whisk the eggs?
Yes, in order for it to cook properly and evenly you need to whisk them prior to adding.
Can I replace the breakfast sausage with a different meat?
Yes, just be sure to precook the meat before adding it in.
Can I freeze a breakfast casserole with biscuits?
Yes, you can freeze this biscuit casserole. After baking, allow the casserole to cool completely. Once cooled, store it in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Don’t Miss: Bed And Breakfast St Michaels Md
Cacio E Pepe Biscuits
Basic baking powder biscuits get a cacio e pepe makeover with the addition of spicy, buttery Pecorino-Romano cheese and floral freshly cracked black pepper. The biscuits are ideal for splitting and making breakfast sandwiches, as a side served next to roasted beef or chicken, or even alongside a salad topped with bacon and a poached egg for lunch.
Get the Recipe: Cacio e Pepe Biscuits